Discover one of Britain's most spectacular landscapes. Visit the Peak District.
With a national park covering 550 square miles, the Peak District is home to a range of amazing geological wonder, beautiful rivers and incredible views. An exciting getaway for outdoor lovers, the Peaks provides endless opportunities for walking, hiking and cycling, with a network of public footpaths covering over 1,800 miles - you'll never get bored! Rock climbing and caving are possible thanks to the amazing natural outcrops and caves. And you may be suprised to know that, despite being landlocked, the Peak District also has watersports centres so you can even try canoeing and waterskiing.
Family holidays to the Peak District often take advantage of its proximity to Alton Towers, and holiday cottages that cater to large groups are becoming more and more popular for birthdays, anniversaries and reunions.
The Monsal Trail - one of the most popular walks in the Peak District - offers cycling, walking and horse riding along one of the most spectacular leisure routes in Britain. The tunnels are now open for walkers and cyclists, for the first time since the former Midland Railway Line closed in 1968.
The Monsal Trail passes right by Riverside House a large self-catering holiday cottage that provides access to some of the best scenery and activities the Peak District has to offer. Situated in beautiful countryside, you won't be sharing facilities or parking with other groups - and at Riverside House there are no holiday house complexes to spoil your view.
We know what it takes to make a holiday in the Peak District special. A small, family run business, we will help you find your ideal holiday cottage. We have been visiting the Peak District for over 30 years with family and friends, and have stayed in many holiday houses and self catering cottages. We even stay in our own holiday houses to ensure that everything is just right. From Derbyshire to Staffordshire we know the Peak District!
Valley View is large, detached self catering holiday house in Dovedale, Staffordshire. Located just 100 yards from the beautiful River Dove and situated in a quiet rural hamlet, this property is ideal for those wishing for a relaxing family break in the country.
We can guide you to some of the best Peak District attractions, Peak District walks, dog friendly pubs and cafes, Peak District cycling and mountain biking routes, family days out and historic houses in the Peak District National Park and beyond - Alton Towers is just 30-40 minutes away from our holiday cottages.
Whether you are after log fires and cosy nights in, or BBQs in the garden, staying in a holiday cottage should give you exactly what you need. More importantly a visit to the Peak District should be accessible for the whole family - including your pets. A dog friendly, or pet friendly (in case you wat to bring your cat!) cottage is ideal for making sure your four-legged friends can join you on the stunning walks and tours.
For resources and information about making a trip to the Peak District special, please explore the site and feel free to contact us if you have any questions. Visit www.riversidehouse-peakdistrict.co.uk and www.dovedaleholidaycottage.co.uk for examples of the perfect large Peak District holiday cottages.
Valley View and Riverside House are large Derbyshire and Staffordshire holiday cottages in the Peak District National Park, England.
The holiday houses are in stunning locations, including Dovedale, with superb views in the heart of the Peak District National Park. Fabulous Peak District scenery, river views and fantastic Peak District walking and cycling routes are right on the doorstep.
If you are looking to visit the Peak District, these holiday cottages are ideal accommodation for…
- Fun family holidays - the cottages are near Alton Towers
- Pet friendly cottages - bring your dog on holiday - we are dog owners too!
- Short Breaks in the Peak District National Park with friends
- Group holiday accommodation for special birthdays and anniversaries
- Derbyshire and Staffordshire holiday cottages for New Year or Christmas celebrations
- Walking in the Peak District National Park including walks in Dovedale
- Peak District cycling on the Tissington Trail and Monsal Trail
- Mountain biking routes in the Peak District National Park
- Peak District attractions and exploring Peak District villages and towns such as Buxton, Bakewell and Ashbourne
- Or simply just to get away from it all
Visit the Peak District and enjoy our self catering cottages in Staffordshire and Derbyshire
No holiday house complexes here! When you book one of our holiday cottage properties you won’t be sharing facilities or parking with other groups. With us you can all dine together in one large location, which is just not possible with a complex of smaller holiday homes.
We know what it takes to make a holiday house special. A small, family run business we will help you find your ideal holiday cottage in the Peak District. We have been visiting the Peak District for over 30 years with family and friends, and have stayed in many holiday houses and self catering cottages. We even stay in our own holiday houses to ensure that everything is just right for you! And we can guide you to some of the best Peak District attractions, Peak District walks, dog friendly pubs and cafes, Peak District cycling and mountain biking routes, family friendly days out and historic houses in the Peak District National Park and beyond.
Here’s a taster of what our self catering holiday accommodation offers …
- Log fires with a free endless supply of logs at both holiday cottages!
- Games galore – games room and games lounge
- Wi-fi internet access - free at both holiday houses
- Surround sound TV’s and Sky Sports and Films at Valley View holiday cottage
- Plenty of space for dinner parties and group entertaining (dinner party service available)
- Generously equipped kitchens for group and family meals – equivalent to 4 star standard
- In-house spa days at both holiday cottages
- Pets welcome - dog friendly holiday accommodation - up to four well behaved dogs
- Weekend and short breaks - Valley View is available for weekend and short break bookings even in the Peak season!
Come to the Peak District for …
- Superb pubs and real ales within walking distance
- Spectacular country walks for all abilities in the stunning Peak District locations of Dovedale and Miller’s Dale
- Cycle trails nearby including Tissington Trail and Monsal Trail
- Outdoor activities, family days out, historic houses, trips to the city and theme parks within easy reach - Alton Towers and Chatsworth House nearby
And a real highlight, newly opened in 2011 . . .
The Monsal Trail tunnels are open for Peak District cycling, walking and horse riding offering one of the most spectacular leisure routes in Britain. It is the first time the public have been able to go through the tunnels since the former Midland Railway Line closed in 1968.
And if that’s all too much our properties are perfect for just unwinding, relaxing and escaping the hassles of everyday life.
Take a look around this site to find out more about the Peak District National Park and surrounding areas …
… or click on the map below to visit our holiday house web sites and check availability now!